Friday 4 January 2013

In with the new

I have been following a painting competition type thing on another blog, hosted by Analogue, which uses a different points system to the 1pt per figure I currently use, adjusting for scale of course.

Not sure if I fancy using the convertion over but it was interesting to think of getting 5000 painting points completed in a year :) thats 1pt per 5mm.

The only time i appear to manage the 1000 figures is when i am painting Napoleonics, so maybe it could be that i return to comforting arms of the good old French 36 man units that can quickly ramp up the points, but is that 36 points or 180 i am not sure yet, either way it will be using Perry Plastic and i was holding out until they commit more usits to plastic.

The allure of plastic is the cost per figure for me, the quality are on par with metal at worst, especially with Perrys. So why when the figures are just really for me am I waiting for an Austrian Hussar in plastic when I can use the near enough British ones, or wait for a Russian Cuirrasier when a French one is just a paint job away from crossing the border. Will ponder this one while I stare at the current plastic mountain of Perry Ansar and ACW Zouaves.

Perrys really are just pulling me towards 28mm gaming, when i have committed to 10mm large scale actions... damn them and extr-ordinary skills n business accuemen.

Maybe its a case of  '28mm for show and 10mm for a pro'

1 comment:

Ian said...

The difficult choices of a wargamer. The answer so often ends up being BOTH.

Ian